Saturday, March 24, 2012

Chapter 13 ~~ The Broken Bond


I slowly turned towards Thunder. "Thank you! But this one...I have to hear it home."
"Call me,"he leaned against the office and wrote something on a paper that was there. "I want to help you out. Seriously!"
"I believe you. And I will call you. Zico, come!"
And we left the club.
The sensation that was inside of me and everywhere around? I couldn't name it. Anxiety maybe...
***
I threw the cape on the sofa and turned to Zico. "So? What is it?"
He smiled. "It's really simple. I don't know why I haven't thought about it before! In order to cure your ilness, all you have to do is to be 'born' again."
"Born again?"I frowned. "Zico, how would that be possible?"
"It's just a metaphor! You need to make the same ritual as if you're  transformed once again."
"But that means..."
"Yeah, you need your maker's blood."
And there he was all smiles. The pain in my heart was no longer bearable.
"I'm going to sleep. Don't disturb me!"
"But, Seung Ho..."
But the I was already in my coffin with my eyes closed, waiting for the dreamless slumber to take over me. The silence of a sleepy mind was all I could bear at that moment. Plus, I needed to take a decision...and a fast one too!
***
I opened my eyes. The room was illuminated by a yellow light, remembering me of hospitals. Maybe I was crazy. Crazy for wanting to do soemthing like that. But even so, my decision was firm. I was damned to live with the virus inside of me forever and ever. My maker...my maker was gone. Only Zico's words made me realise that the emptiness that slept inside of me was due to my maker's dissapearance from this world. He left me all alone from the very beginning. All my life I thought that he was watching from the shadows, taking care of me without me knowing it. I've always felt alone, but never did really mind it. Why? Why haven't I paid more attention to it?
"Zico,"I whispered.
Seconds later he was behind me. "What? I was feeding, you know?"
"You wish to be free, don't you?"
"What's this all of a sudden?"he whipped his mouth with the back of his hand.
"Woo Ji Ho, I as your maker, I release you. You are now a free being. Go and see the colors of the world on your own!"
I took him by his collar and dragged him up the stair and to the front door of the nest. "I as your maker release you, Woo Ji Ho! Go now!"
And I closed the door in his nose. Now that every bond was cut, the emptiness inside me was even more greater. For some seconds there was nothing but silence...
"YAH! YANG SEUNG HO! LET ME IN! HAVE YOU GONE CRAZY OR WHAT?! LET ME IN RIGHT NOW! YAHHHHH! DID YOU EAT SOMETHING ROTTEN OR WHAT?! YANG SEUNG HO!"he screamed, hitting the door with his fists. "YANG SEUNG HO! PLEASE...LET ME IN..."
I sat on the dirty floor in front of the door and cried. For the first time in my vampire life I cried. 
Go, Zico, go and see the world on your own. I did so much wrong to you...I'm sorry I took your life just because of my greediness. I never wanted you to feel lonely or hurt. I'm really sorry, Zico. That's why I released you in the first place. I'm bound to die a horrible death, but you don't have to suffer with me. I don't want it to be that way. You can do better than serving a heartless maker. You're better than me. So go! Don't look back even if at some point you'll feel your heart cracking inside of you. That will be my death for you to know and for me to endure...
Let's meet in some other life.
But until then, be well, neh?
Goodbye, Woo Ji Ho!
The hitting stopped and the door remained still behind my back. He left...

No comments:

Post a Comment