Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Chapter 28 ~~ The Deserter Is Just A Lil' Boy


There was no need for words. Cheezy lines were nowhere to be found in those moments. Our fingers intertwined were enough and they were saying more than simple words like 'love', 'you', 'me', 'forever' could ever express. I looked at her tails. The light surrounding them was weak and seemed kind of ill.
"Why are you so weak?"
"Why do you think they told you that I'm not here?"she replied from my arms. "I travelled around the world with my spirit. I had to prepare everything myself. I can not let any mistakes ruin it. Sorry,"she mumbled in the end with a rush of blood coloring her pale cheeks.
"It doesn't matter,"I brushed it off. "So in the end it was your doing, huh? Those explosions? Those fires?"
She nodded silently. "Fire is the only thing that destroys us."
I sighed and wrapped my arms around her tiny body. The idea of destroying a world was giving me the creeps, but then again she was there and I was with her and everything was going to end well for all of us. As she said, this world was not made for us and we were not meant to be there. It was a human world and we were like lost children breaking the toys of other kids just because we're confused and want to go back to what we used to have once. No, we were not meant to be here...
"I'm sorry,"she turned her eyes to me. "I'm sorry that I have to do this. I'm sorry that I didn't...I couldn't stop before I began. I'm sorry I have to kill. I'm sorry, Seung Ho."
Her eyes were seas without shores. Her eyes were the infinite sky and not only. Her eyes were reflecting her soul.
I placed my hand on the place where her heart was beating rhythmically. "Just how old is your soul?"I whispered, feeling her warm tears falling on the back of my hand.
She smiled and kissed my chin. "Older than this world will ever know."
***
When I left, she was sleeping, tossing around in the bed, speaking dead languages, crying and calling persons with no name and no face. I glanced at her sleeping figure for a few seconds before I closed the door behind me. 
"So, what are you going to do now?"spoke Thunder, appearing from nowhere.
I shrugged and got out. The night's air was refreshing. 
I strolled down the streets, trying to find the right way to tell them what I was going to do. But no matter how I tried, no matter how much I wished to be all smiles and happy when I tell them the truth, the truth was that I was desserting. I was a coward, running away from the place that hold no trace of her or her memory. Why fight when the world was going to be the same after they die? Why protect the ones that were just like broken toys?
"Where were you?"asked Zico and Woohyun in one voice as soon as I opened the apartment's door. "We were worried!"
"Yah, stop saying what I say!"hissed Zico, turning to Woohyun.
"You stop it, you blonde monkey!"
"Say WHAT?!"
"Guys, stop fighting,"I said on a low tone. "I'm not in the mood to listen to your quarrels. And I don't want to repeat myself twice, understood?"
They looked at me and nodded.
"Woohyun,"I turned to the kid. "I'm sorry, Woohyun. But...I'm giving up on this. I...I'm with her, Woohyun,"I said, avoiding his eyes.
Silence. Then...
"No...NO!"he yelled, the cocky him stepping out this time. "You can't do this to me, Yang Seung Ho!"
"Woohyun...listen. It...it doesn't work like this,"I said while walking in my room to pack my things. "I just can't fight against her,"I whispered.
"YOU LIAR! YOU PIECE OF SHIT!"he yelled taking the clothes from the suitcase and throwing them on the floor. "YOU HAVE NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS TO ME! YOU PROMISED ME, DIDN'T YOU? YOU WERE GOING TO FIGHT WITH ME AGAINST HER! WHY THE SUDDEN CHANGE? DID SHE PUT A SPELL ON YOU OR WHAT?!"
I looked at him. He was puffing and had that murderous look in his eyes.
"Woohyun..."
"DON'T YOU 'WOOHYUN' ME! WHY ARE YOU A COWARD? I THOUGHT YOU ARE ONE OF THE STRONGEST VAMPIRE THAT THERE IS! WHY ARE YOU BACKING OFF NOW? WAE?!"
So there was no point in talking to him. I shook my head and ignored him as I put my clothes once again in the suitcase. That only made him run outside crying. I looked at Zico. I couldn't tell what he was thinking from his expression, but I kinda figured out that he already knew what was going on.
"Look, you don't have to come with me or anything like that,"I said.
"I'm coming,"I heard him say. " 'Coz if I'm not there to protect you, then who will?"he shrugged with a smile playing on his lips.
"Zico, do you understand what is this all about? We are going to..."
"Destroy the supernatural world. I know. I don't have anything planned at this moment, so what the hell? Why not?"
I smiled. Whatever his purpose was, only the idea of knowing him with me there was overwhelming. "Thanks."
"No need for that. Guys, start packing! We're moving out,"he said, entering the living room where the rest of the gang was waiting put.
***
MBlaq smiled at the sight of Zico, but their smile dissapeared quickly when they saw the others. I left them deal with it and ran upstairs to Min Ah's room.
"Min Ah?
She smiled from the sill, looking like an angel dressed in white. "You came back,"she whispered as my arms encircled her waist.
"Yes. I'm back home,"I smiled, burrying my face in her wavy hair. "I'm back home..."

No comments:

Post a Comment